We recommend Light Switching Timer Contactors are used when turning on and off (switching) any type of discharge lighting using segmental or digital timers. This is due to the inrush (start up) current required being far higher than domestic timers are designed for.
1. The Light Switching Timer Contactor can switch up to 13 Amps of HID lamps. Please ensure that the total start up current of your lamps does not exceed 13 Amps.
2. Locate a double switch socket away from water and other liquids.
3. Place your timer into the left hand socket.
4. Insert the plug marked 'Timer' into your Timer.
5. Insert the plug marked 'Mains' into the right hand socket.
6. Plug your HID lamp(s) into the socket(s) on the Light Switching Timer Contactor.
7. Light Switching Timer Contactors are supplied as standard with either a twin or quad trailing socket.
8. Ensure all plugs and sockets are well away from water and other liquids.
9. Turn on both switches on your double socket.
Your Light Switching Timer Contactor will now safely switch up to 13 Amps of HID lighting. Either 4 x 250w lights, 4 x 400w lights, 3 x 600w lights or, 1 x 1,000w light.
Timer Plug: 3A
Mains Plug: 13A